On this practical one day assertiveness at work training course we’ll take a look at what assertive communication looks like and how to achieve it. Using the latest research from neuroscience, positive psychology and communication you’ll examine blocks to assertiveness and how to overcome them. Our assertiveness at work training course is different, you’ll have the opportunity to work on individual challenges, practice assertiveness techniques and leave with a toolkit of trips, tricks and techniques to start using straight away.
Assertiveness & Confidence
You’ll benefit from this practical Assertiveness and Confidence 1 day course if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
• Do you find it hard to say no?
• Are you struggling to be heard in meetings?
• Do you feel uncomfortable when disagreeing with others?
• Do you avoid confrontation?
• Is it easier to say ‘Yes’ than to articulate your real preference?
• Do you sometimes find yourself being aggressive instead of assertive?
• Are you lost for words in key moments when you want to speak your mind?
If you answered “yes” to the above and it all sounds too too familiar, join us for our Improve your Assertiveness and Confidence 1 Day course.
• What assertiveness is (and isn’t)
• Recognising your individual patterns of assertion & disrupting them
• Where non – assertion stems from and how to overcome it
• How to change your thoughts and feelings around assertiveness
• The neuroscience of assertiveness
• Simple exercises to control your physiological response to being assertive
• 6 Types of assertion at work
• How to rewire your brain for assertiveness and confidence
• The 4 key components of an easy to remember assertiveness script
• The importance on non-verbal communication when communicating
• Increasing your personal impact when communicating with others
• You’ll also get access to our Assertiveness audit
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will be able to;
- Identify assertiveness
- Recognise the underlying reasons for being unassertive
- Complete an individual assertiveness audit
- Understand the neuroscience behind assertion
- Employ strategies to manage anxiety during difficult conversations
- Increase their personal impact
- Use insights from non verbal communication to add power to their conversations
- Have easy to remember, ready to use assertive scripts and strategies to take away and use immediately
Who is it for?: All those working with people on a regular basis, frontline staff, managers, Leaders, HR Professionals, Managers, trainers, policy makers, anyone interested in enhancing their performance with self development.
Format: We offer half day and one day options for this course. We are also able to design customised half day, full day and bitesize courses or conference sessions for your organisation.
Why Choose Koru For Your Training Courses?
At Koru we use the latest research from leadership, neuroscience, positive psychology, resilience and mindfulness. We also conduct our own research so you know you’ll be getting the most up to date information possible.
We provide innovative, practical training courses that equip you to return to your role and start making a real difference straight away. All of our courses come with;
- Unlimited post training support
- Free access to our psychometrics
- Free access to our e-books, infographics, blogs, videos and resources
- All of our courses are bespoke to you and your organisation as standard. We don’t do off the shelf and we don’t charge extra to tailor make courses for you meaning you get exactly what you need.
- Regular Q&A Surgeries for former delegates
- Qualified business psychologists with real world business experience
We work internationally with Fortune 500 companies delivering brain based programmes that work. Get in touch for our full course outline or to talk more about your learning and development needs.