- This event has passed.
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course
November 5, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - November 26, 2018 @ 8:00 pm£200.00
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course
So you want to learn mindfulness but you don’t have the kind of schedule that will allow you to attend a regular class in person? Or Maybe you’re left thinking “There just aren’t any introduction to mindfulness courses near me. What do I do?” You’re not alone, we hear that a lot from people who don’t have the kind of life that fits neatly into a box. That’s why we’ve designed the 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course.
- Would you like to reduce your stress levels?
- To feel less anxious?
- Do you want to improve your wellbeing?
- Do you want to increase your emotional intelligence?
- Do you sometimes feel angry, but you don’t know why?
- Would you like to feel calmer and reduce your emotional reactivity?
- Could you benefit from being kinder to yourself?
- Are you under pressure from your own perfectionism?
- Could you be benefit from increasing your self esteem?
- Do you want to find a way to build your resilience and increase your wellbeing?
- Do you feel like there’s never enough time?
- Would you like to be more focused and increase your mental clarity?
- Are you constantly running through ‘To Do’ lists in your head?
- Are you looking for a way to manage the pressures of everyday life?
- Would you like to feel happier and improve your professional and personal relationships?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this introduction to mindfulness course is for you. Welcome to the Koru 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course. Mindfulness is a powerful practice to help you find balance and improve your resilience. We’ll walk you through what mindfulness is and how to practice it.
A very warm welcome to this Koru 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course.
Each week we’ll invite you to set time aside for your practice. You’ll be learning simple mindful practices that you can incorporate into your everyday routine. Even if you’re super busy we’ll show you how you can practice mindfulness on a regular basis.
We’ll also provide an online Mindfulness Journal for you to explore and record your mindfulness journey. Each time you practice, keep a record in your journal of what you notice, how you feel and any other observations on your mindfulness path. Journaling is a great way to experience mindfulness and really focus your attention. Just click on the programme link to get started and download your copy of the journal.
You’ll receive guided audio practices in between sessions so that you can establish aregular practice and build up your mindfulness muscles.
Each week you’ll receive regular email reminders, links to blogs and motivational quotes to keep you on track. We’re also here to answer any questions that you might have in between sessions.
We truly want you to love mindfulness as much as we do. We really do want you to experience the incredible benefits of regular practice, so if you have any questions or would like to know more, just ask us. We’re always here to help. We’ll be with you every step of the way on your mindfulness journey.
Namaste, Gill x
Who is this 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course for?
Mindfulness is everywhere at the moment but what is it and how can you use it? If you want a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness, led by qualified, experienced practitioners, this course is for you. This one day course will introduce you to the foundations of mindfulness and its applications in everyday life. You’ll discover mindfulness practices, tools, techniques and exercises to bring mindfulness into your everyday life. If you’re struggling to find ‘mindfulness courses near me’, we’ve got you covered. We’ll come to you with this online course.
We’ll teach you quick, evidence based practices backed by empirical evidence. Think you don’t have time to practice? We’ll teach you mindfulness for busy people, enabling you to build mindfulness into your daily routine.
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course Objectives
By the end of this mindfulness programme, you will be able to;
- Leave with a solid foundation to make Mindfulness a daily tool to enable them you to get the most out of life.
- Identify what Mindfulness is
- Recognise the empirically evidenced benefits of mindfulness
- Call upon Mindfulness tools and techniques when dealing with challenging situations and relationships.
- Use mindfulness practices including; Mindful Breathing, Counting Breath, Mindful Eating, Affect Labelling, meditation for sleep and Body Scan Meditation as a tool for relaxation and being in the present moment.
- Manage challenging emotions, difficult conversations, physical sensations and moods masterfully.
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course Content
- What is mindfulness?
- The empirical evidence base for mindfulness
- The neuroscience of mindfulness
- The benefits of mindfulness
- Mindfulness posture
- Observing the self
- Dropping the constant striving
- How to really experience mindfulness
- Mindful practices including mindful breath, mindful movement, mindful eating, body scan, affect labelling, cloud thoughts, mindful witness, the 5 senses meditation, loving kindness meditation, mindfulness for sleep.
- Mindfulness for busy people – short practices for everyday life
- Troubleshooting: Common mindfulness questions
- Maintaining momentum
- Individual mindfulness action plan
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course: When?
This 4 week online course will start on November 5th and continue throughout each Monday in November on
Monday 26th November. Each session will last for 2 hours from 6pm to 8pm.
4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course. How?
We’ll use an online Conference app to meet live each week and go through the weekly modules. When you book your place, we’ll send you details. All you need to participate is an internet connection.
Why Choose Koru for your 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course?
It’s likely that you’ll already have heard of mindfulness or know someone who practices it. Many organisations have developed their own programmes. We’ve worked internationally delivering mindfulness courses with organisations such as Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Coopers, KPMG, UKSport, Spotify, ICAEW, London School of Economics, Goldsmiths University, WaterAid, Bonington Leadership programme and even the Victoria and Albert Museum.
We’ve trained with Google’s SYLI Emotional Intelligence for Leaders programme as well as training with Aberdeen University, Bangor University and Dr Patricia Collard to fulfil UK mindfulness teacher requirements. We’re committed to our own continuing professional development, our senior Mindfulness facilitator, Gill Thackray, holds an MSc in Mindfulness Studies and is currently co authoring the upcoming book ‘Mindful Heroes’ with Aberdeen University to be published in March 2019. She regularly attends CPD events internationally and at The Oxford Mindfulness Centre and The Mindfulness Association. She regularly presents keynotes at leadership and management events and mindful leadership conferences.
Our own personal mindfulness practice spans 20 years. We draw upon this alongside our corporate experience of successfully building our own businesses working with FTSE 500 companies. We are committed to the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teachers Good Practice Guidelines and meet the Best Practice Guidelines set out by the British Government’s Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group. We are registered with the International Mindfulness Teachers Association and the UK Registered Teachers list.
We’re leaders in the mindfulness field
We write articles on the benefits of mindfulness for national and international publications including The Guardian, Thrive Global, Ultra Sport, Success Magazine, Refinery 29, Dare Magazine and HR Zone. We also regularly contribute as speakers at international mindfulness at work conferences.
What You’ll Get On This 4 Week Introduction to Mindfulness Live Online Training Course
On our mindfulness courses at Koru we use the latest research from neuroscience, positive psychology, resilience and mindfulness. We also conduct our own research so you know you’ll be getting the most up to date information possible. We want you to love mindfulness as much as we do. We recognise that your mindful journey has just begun, it takes time to master and continue developing your practice. That’s why our support doesn’t end when the courses finishes. We’d like to stay with you on your mindfulness journey that’s why we include a whole heap of extras.
We provide innovative, practical training courses that equip you to start making a real difference in your life straight away. All of our courses come with;
- Unlimited post training support
- Free access to our psychometrics
- Free access to our e-books, infographics, blogs, videos and resources
- Regular Q&A Surgeries for former delegates
- Qualified mindfulness teachers & business psychologists with real world business experience
We work internationally with Fortune 500 companies delivering brain based mindfulness programmes that work. Want to know more? Get in touch
Want to try a taster first? Head on over to our Free Introduction to Mindfulness Guide
This mindfulness course may not be considered suitable at this time for those affected with acute depression, active or recent substance (alcohol or drug) addictions, P.T.S.D., Bi-polar disorder, current or past psychosis, significant long standing interpersonal difficulties (e.g. currently meeting the criteria for a personality disorder), by recent trauma, significant loss such as divorce, bereavement or unresolved grief reaction. Do contact us if you are unsure if the course is right for you.