You’ve probably heard of mindfulness, but what is it and how will an introduction to mindfulness training course help you?
- Would you like to reduce your stress levels?
- To feel less anxious?
- Do you want to improve your wellbeing?
- Do you want to increase your emotional intelligence?
- Do you sometimes feel angry, but you don’t know why?
- Would you like to feel calmer and reduce your emotional reactivity?
- Could you benefit from being kinder to yourself?
- Are you under pressure from your own perfectionism?
- Could you be benefit from increasing your self esteem?
- Do you want to find a way to build your resilience and increase your wellbeing?
- Do you feel like there’s never enough time?
- Would you like to be more focused and increase your mental clarity?
- Are you constantly running through ‘To Do’ lists in your head?
- Are you looking for a way to manage the pressures of everyday life?
- Would you like to feel happier and improve your professional and personal relationships?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this introduction to mindfulness training course is for you. Mindfulness is a powerful practice to help you find balance and improve your resilience. We’ll walk you through what mindfulness is and how to practice it.
Who is this Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course for?
Mindfulness is everywhere at the moment but what is it and how can you use it? If you want a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness, led by qualified, experienced practitioners, this course is for you. This one day course will introduce you to the foundations of mindfulness and its applications in everyday life. You’ll discover mindfulness practices, tools, techniques and exercises to bring mindfulness into your everyday life. If you’re struggling to find ‘mindfulness courses near me’, we’ve got you covered. We’ll come to you with this online introduction to mindfulness training course.
We’ll teach you quick, evidence based practices backed by empirical evidence. Think you don’t have time to practice? We’ll teach you mindfulness for busy people, enabling you to build mindfulness into your daily routine.
Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course Objectives
By the end of this mindfulness workshop, delegates will be able to;
- Leave with a solid foundation to make Mindfulness a daily tool to enable them to get the most out of life.
- Identify what Mindfulness is
- Recognise the empirically evidenced benefits of mindfulness
- Call upon Mindfulness tools and techniques when dealing with challenging situations and relationships.
- Use mindfulness practices including; Mindful Breathing, Counting Breath, Mindful Eating, Affect Labelling, meditation for sleep and Body Scan Meditation as a tool for relaxation and being in the present moment.
- Manage challenging emotions, difficult conversations, physical sensations and moods masterfully.
Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course Content
- What is mindfulness?
- The empirical evidence base for mindfulness
- The neuroscience of mindfulness
- The benefits of mindfulness
- Mindfulness posture
- Observing the self
- Dropping the constant striving
- How to really experience mindfulness
- Mindful practices including mindful breath, mindful movement, mindful eating, body scan, affect labelling, cloud thoughts, mindful witness, the 5 senses meditation, loving kindness meditation, mindfulness for sleep.
- Mindfulness for busy people – short practices for everyday life
- Troubleshooting: Common mindfulness questions
- Maintaining momentum
- Individual mindfulness action plan
This online course will take place 14th August 2018, 10am to 4pm
Why Choose Koru for your Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course?
It’s likely that you’ll already have heard of mindfulness or know someone who practices it. Many organisations have developed their own programmes. We’ve worked internationally delivering mindfulness courses with organisations such as Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Coopers, KPMG, UKSport, Spotify, ICAEW, London School of Economics, Goldsmiths University, WaterAid, Bonington Leadership programme and even the Victoria and Albert Museum amongst others to design and deliver mindfulness at work programmes, in house mindful leadership courses, mindful leadership coaching and providing leadership retreat ideas. With our mindful leadership training you’ll be creating the space to examine how mindfulness can enhance your existing leadership skills, reflect upon your leadership practice and learn critical mindful leadership skills in a supportive peer group of female leaders.
We’ve trained with Google’s SYLI Emotional Intelligence for Leaders programme as well as training with Aberdeen University, Bangor University and Dr Patricia Collard to fulfil UK mindfulness teacher requirements. We’re committed to our own continuing professional development, our senior Mindful Leader facilitator, Gill Thackray, holds an MSc in Mindfulness Studies and is currently co authoring the upcoming book ‘Mindful Heroes’ with Aberdeen University to be published in March 2019. She regularly attends CPD events internationally and at The Oxford Mindfulness Centre and The Mindfulness Association. She regularly presents keynotes at leadership and management events and mindful leadership conferences.
Our own personal mindfulness practice spans 20 years. We draw upon this alongside our corporate experience of successfully building our own businesses working with FTSE 500 companies. We are committed to the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teachers Good Practice Guidelines and meet the Best Practice Guidelines set out by the British Government’s Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group. We are registered with the International Mindfulness Teachers Association and the UK Registered Teachers list.
We’re leaders in the mindfulness at work field
We write articles on the benefits of mindful leadership and mindfulness at work for national and international publications including The Guardian, Thrive Global, Ultra Sport, Success Magazine, Refinery 29, Dare Magazine and HR Zone. We also regularly contribute as speakers at international mindfulness at work conferences.
What You’ll Get On The Introduction to Mindfulness Course
On our mindfulness courses at Koru we use the latest research from neuroscience, positive psychology, resilience and mindfulness. We also conduct our own research so you know you’ll be getting the most up to date information possible. We want you to love mindfulness as much as we do. We recognise that your mindful journey has just begun, it takes time to master and continue developing your practice. That’s why our support doesn’t end when the courses finishes. We’d like to stay with you on your mindfulness journey that’s why we include a whole heap of extras.
We provide innovative, practical training courses that equip you to start making a real difference in your life straight away. All of our courses come with;
- Unlimited post training support
- Free access to our psychometrics
- Free access to our e-books, infographics, blogs, videos and resources
- All of our courses are bespoke to you and your organisation as standard. We don’t do off the shelf and we don’t charge extra to tailor make courses for you meaning you get exactly what you need.
- Regular Q&A Surgeries for former delegates
- Qualified business psychologists with real world business experience
We work internationally with Fortune 500 companies delivering brain based programmes that work. Get in touch for our full course outline or to talk more about your learning and development needs. Want to know more? Get in touch to find out more about our mindfulness courses.
Want to try a taster first? Head on over to our Free Introduction to Mindfulness Guide
It may not be considered suitable at this time for those a affected with acute depression, active or recent substance (alcohol or drug) addictions, P.T.S.D., Bi-polar disorder, current or past psychosis, significant long standing interpersonal di culties (e.g. currently meeting the criteria for a personality disorder), by recent trauma, significant loss such as divorce, bereavement or unresolved grief reaction. Do contact us if you are unsure if the course is right for you.