So you’ve heard about mindfulness and you want to know more. We’ve rounded up the 10 best mindfulness TED Talks to get you started on your mindfulness journey.
Maybe you already know a little about mindfulness but you haven’t quite got a grip on what it is? Or perhaps you’ve started to practice mindfulness and you wonder if you’re doing it right? These TED talks on meditation might just have the answer that you’re looking for. Each mindfulness expert will walk you through
- the neuroscience of mindfulness
- how to rewire your brain using mindfulness
- how to manage pain with mindfulness
- the power of mindfulness for change
- meditation and happiness
- mindfulness for busy people
We’ve rounded up the 10 best mindfulness Ted Talks so that you can fill in the gaps and answer those burning questions that you’ve always wanted answering but didn’t know where to look. Here are the 10 best Mindfulness TED Talks
- The Power of Mindfulness: What You Practice Grows Stronger | Shauna Shapiro | TEDxWashingtonSquare. In this video, Shauna Shapiro PhD, professor at Santa Clara University, clinical psychologist, and an internationally recognized expert in mindfulness talks about the power of mindfulness and personal change.
2. All it takes is 10 Mindful Minutes. Andy Puddicombe ex Buddhist monk and creator of the ubiquitous Headspace app, discusses the transformative power of doing nothing for 10 minutes. So, sit down, relax and think about nothing much as you watch…
3. How mindfulness meditation redefines pain, happiness & satisfaction | Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat | TEDxSFU. In this mindfulness TED Talk, Dr Kasim Al-Mashat examines how mindfulness can be used to manage pain and build happiness in your life.
4. Cognitive Neuroscientist, David Vago talks about how mindfulness can be used to transform the self. In this, one of the best TED Talks on meditation neuroscience, David Vago explains what mindfulness does to the brain. If you want to change your life or your habits, David Vago talks about the neuroscience of mindfulness and how it can help you to embed those changes.
5. Former monk Greg Burdulis discusses how mindfulness has changed his life. Here he talks about kindness, compassion and listening. Greg examines how mindfulness has moved from its Buddhist roots to the corporate world along with the efficacy of mindfulness at work programmes.
6. Think you don’t have time for mindfulness? In this talk Phil Boissiere discusses how you can go from feeling stressed to calm in 30 with his easy mindfulness practice. If you want to build mindfulness informally into your day, this mindfulness talk is for you.
7. Taming Your Wandering Mind
Dr Amishi Jha, PhD from the University of California explains how you can use mindfulness to tame your wandering mind and help you focus.
8. In this talk Anne Marie Rossi asks, Why Aren’t we Teaching you Mindfulness?
Anne Marie discusses her research and practice teaching mindfulness in Shelters. She examines how mindfulness can break patterns of transgenerational trauma, helping people to let go and move on.
9. Happiness is all in your mind: Gen Kelsang Nyema at TEDxGreenville 2014 In this, one of the best TED talks on spirituality, Gen Kelsang Nyema discusses how happiness is in our mind. If the key to happiness lays in our mind, we can change and become happier. How? She begins by asking 3 straight forward questions.
10. Using Mindfulness to Deal with Everyday Pressures | Regina Chow Trammel | TEDxAzusaPacificUniversity
Stress taking over? In this talk Regina Chow discusses how to use mindfulness each day to deal with the pressures of everyday life.
Want to know more about mindfulness? Take a look at our free Introduction to Mindfulness Guide
If you’d like to know more about our introduction to mindfulness courses, mindfulness at work training, mindful leadership courses or mindful coaching get in touch here. We’d love to hear from you.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]