Sane in the City Stress & Anxiety Management Meet Up is our new weekly online course for manage Coronavirus related stress and anxiety. It’s for anyone who wants to be part of a practical fun, evidence based, supportive stress & anxiety management community.
* Every Wednesday 10.30 -11.30pm GMT *
Who is Sane in the City Stress and Anxiety Meet Up for?
- Are you finding the current situation tricky to navigate?
- Do you sometimes feel as though you are focusing on work to avoid thinking about other things?
- Do you feel stretched by endless to do lists?
- Would you like to create a space just for you to decompress?
- Are you feeling frayed at the edges and in need of regular practice?
- Would you like to dial down stress when you need to?
- Are you looking for a way to sustain your mindfulness practice?
- Could you benefit from a regular mindfulness Q&A surgery?
- Would yo like to practice mindfulness with a fun, like minded supportive community?
- Do you feel that you would benefit from one to one support?
- Are you interested in learning about the latest developments in contemplative science?
- Would you like to receive regular mindfulness updates straight to your inbox in between meet ups?
- Is it important to you that you learn from experienced, Masters qualified teachers UK Mindfulness Teacher and International Mindfulness Teacher Association registered?
Yes? Then we’d love to have you join us.
Why Sane in the city Stress & Anxiety Meet Up?
We already provide a range of free resources to manage stress and anxiety related to Coronavirus. The group has grown out of an online group consisting of our former training participants. The people we were working with on stress management, resilience, mindfulness told us that they wanted to keep in touch with each other, to ask questions about managing stress and to hear about the latest research in contemplative science. We listened and the online group grew!
In response to a request for a regular online meet up (still with all of that online support & free resources in the background) we’ve created Sane in the City Stress & Anxiety Meet Up. You can use the group as an online stress management course, a place to regularly meet others and practice, meet like minded people, or as somewhere to ask those questions about practice that have been niggling you.
Each weekly Sane in the City Stress & Anxiety Meet Up will provide
- Guided practice
- Reflective discussion
- Research round up
- Resilience, Stress Management & Anxiety Mindfulness reminders, quotes, articles, access to recorded practices and blogs on a regular basis in between sessions
Koru Development – Your Trusted Partner
Koru Development was founded by Gill Thackray. She first began working in the field of resilience whilst working in United Nations refugee camps. Since then she has worked internationally as a business psychologist with elite sporting bodies such as the Football Association and UK Sport to build resilience and optimise sustainable performance.
Her client list includes Fortune 100 companies, the United Nations, Health Education England, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Society for Rheumatology, Prostate Cancer, Cancer Research UK, BBC, University College of Osteopathy, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Ernst and Young, Chartered Institute of Accountants for England and Wales, Lancaster University Bonington Leadership Programme, London School of Economics, Google, Natural History Museum and the V&A amongst others. Gill is the author of ‘Mindfulness Coach’ and the ‘Positivity Coach’ both due December 2020 published by Michael O’Mara Books, London.
Her expertise in resilience means that she is a frequent conference contributor as well as contributing to publications including The Guardian, Ultra Sport, Thrive Global and Success Magazine amongst others.
Gill has undertaken research into leadership resilience with Aberdeen University, examining the efficacy of mindfulness interventions upon leadership resilience, emotional intelligence and compassion. She is IMTA Professionally accredited and a UK qualified mindfulness teacher listed on the UK Mindfulness Teachers register.
Koru Development draws upon this extensive experience of working with thousands of people working in the health service, private sector and tech start ups. We are trusted to distill the latest research in resilience, providing proven practical strategies to manage stress, develop resilience and optimise sustainable performance. We provide a range of online resilience courses and resilience coaching for leaders.